So, this past weekend was a milestone for Northwest Arkansas. We finally got a professional sports team. It is the Northwest Arkansas Naturals. It is only AA baseball, but hey it's a start :) They are an affiliate of the Kansas City Royals, which for those of you who know who they are know that they aren't the best, but we were so excited that we decided to buy season tickets. I don't think either of us realized how many games there really are, but we are way pumped. They are front row down the third base line. The only down fall is that the tarp to cover the field when it rains is right in front so no reaching over the fence for foul balls. So opening night they went all out. Joe Nichols sang the national anthem (he is from this area)
They did a flyby and they brought the mascot, Strike the Sasquatch, to the field in a helicopter(he was supposed to skydive in, but the wind was blowing too hard).
We know the girl that is over promotions, so Ben got suckered in to racing an adult size tricycle from first base around the home plate to third base. He came in 2nd, but he still had a blast doing it. He is the one on the red trike in the blue jacket.
The cutest thing was this golden retriever that would take water to the umpires in a basket. I wasn't able to get the best picture, but here is one.
They only won one of the three games, but over all it was an exciting weekend for us!
Also, the weekend before was my birthday! Nothing too exciting, but my parents did bring me their boat! Ok not really, but they are letting us use it until it sells. It will still be a month or so until it is even remotely warm enough for me to get into the lake, but we are looking forward to it. We watched conference, went shopping and went to an Arkansas Razorback game. As you can see in the picture it was freezing. I think it was like 43 degrees, plus a wind chill. Needless to say we didn't stay the whole game, but it was a very enjoyable time.
Fun in the hoop free machine embroidery designs
10 years ago





10 comments:
Wow, that does sound like a super fun weekend! Way to live it up! It's cool that your parents came to visit you! I get to see your mommy in a couple of days! Yeah! Wish you could be here too! Miss ya, girl!
Cute pics!!!! How fun that you guys got a team there now. Who knew you were such a sports girl all these years! :) That oversized trike is great!
Yea for parents visiting (and a boat!!). You guys look so cold. You are brave to live in the snow lady!
Sounds like fun! What a great way to celebrate your birthday!!! Tell your parents I'll take a boat off their hands ANY day!
Hey the Royals are hot so far this year! I'm sure that'll end soon, but ya never know! KC people are hard core fans, surprisingly since the teams here are pretty stinky...
Matt told me about the trike racing the other day. I thought that it sounded pretty funny. The picture of Ben on the bike is a good visual. Hopefully all the games will be worthwhile.
How fun! Hey now Kansas City is my team :) I remember when they won in the 80's :) 85. . . I think. Shame on Amy for talking bad about them!! JK! Did you know Ames and I were in the same stake growing up?
Very eventful b-day and weekend! Are there even lakes there. I mean, if you need a place to store it for the summer...you know.
There are a bunch of lakes and they are bigger than any of the ones in AZ. I had no idea either. There is one 15 minutes from my house :)
I would have paid money to watch Ben ride an adult size trike. How funny.
That sounds like so much fun. I am jealous.
Post a Comment