Friday, May 9, 2008

Baby's Heartbeat

Not only did we get to hear the baby's heartbeat yesterday, but we also got to see our baby. The Dr. did an ultrasound to get the baby's measurements. It was so fun and exciting and definitely made it more real to me. It's crazy how clear you can see the features of the baby. I could even see the lips. The Dr. tried to see what the gender was, but the little booger had it's legs crossed so we'll have to wait until the beginning of June. She said it had a nice strong healthy hearbeat and that its nice and active. The baby is actually measuring to be further along by like 10 days, but we are leaving the due date October 27.

16 comments:

Chelsea said...

HOW EXCITING!!!!!! That is so awesome that the doctor did that early. Makes it all okay to get the lovely internal stuff once you see the end results huh!! :) Can't wait till June!!!

Chelsea said...

ps. Those baby ticker things always creep me out with the cord. Is the cord necessary? We all know it's attached to it...but gew!

Nicole Wynn said...

I agree with the whole baby ticker thing. I'm just waiting for it to wake up and start dancing! I can't believe your pregnant! Congrats. The due date is Doug's bday too! Good luck with everything and can't wait to see you and your new family member.

Brooke said...

How fun! I understand the due date thing. . . . I can tell you this much though when I have about four weeks left I am READY READY READY for that baby to come. Luckily both mine came three weeks early!

Congratulations again!

megan said...

I was told by someone to go by the ultra sound date even though the dr doesn't change your date. I had catcher must closer to when the ultra sound said I would, still a little earlier than that even. hmm that doesn't even really make sense

Heather said...

Oh man, Chay, that is so awesome! I really wish you were here! This baby stuff makes me miss you more! I am so excited for you, though! :)

The Varo's said...

It's so reassuring to hear that little heartbeat. I am so excited for you!

Crystal said...

Maybe if you are late you will have a Halloween baby too! It will happen if you don't want it to. That's what happened to me. Hopefully in June you will be able to find out the gender of the baby.

Kami said...

That is my favorite part. I love the heart beat. It is so amazing. I can't wait to find out what it (he/she) is!

Nuestra Familia said...

How great, I always loved hearing the heartbeat. When i worked at the ob it was really fun to do too. I always thought if it was in the high 150's it was a girl and if it was in the 130 or 140's it was a boy. right at fist they are always high. just my theory. how exciting to find out so soon!

Chantel said...

that part is some much fun. I looked forward to every appointment where i could hear the heart beat. It made me feel better like there really was a baby inside me.

Jaime said...

umm that's two days after my birthday, so feel free to have the child on the 25th!

The Tate's said...

So exciting!! It is the best to hear the heart beat...seriously so excitied for you! I am also excited to find out what it is, let us know!!

jon♥kara said...

Wow that's really exciting! I feel like I have been getting more baby hungry lately. Maybe it's just because I finally graduated so I feel like it's more of an option now. Can't wait to hear what you are having.

Kristyn said...

Congrats! I'm so happy for you and Ben! Can't wait to read more in the coming months.

Kristyn

brooksybabe said...

I am glad everything is going good for you. That is so exciting.